small paintings

Small paintings born in observations that attract the eye and mind.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Finger Wharves from Sydney Harbour Bridge

It has taken me about 50 years to discover that one can climb the southern pylon of the Harbour Bridge. What great views it provides.
 
Here is an oil painting that I did which captures the view looking towards the western side of the harbour bridge, & portraying the finger wharves below. The contrasting warm and cool light effects at this time in the late afternoon were very special.
Fingers  Wharves from Sydney Harbour Bridge

10 x 12 inches (25 x 30 cm), Oil on Canvas
 
The painting has now been sold from my website.   To subscribe to my newsletter featuring my new paintings, please click here
 
The cruise liner "Sea Princess" sails under the bridge as it made its way on another pacifc cruise
 
A watercolour sketch of circular quay and some photos looking east from the pylon, appear on my sketch blog "the Painted Journey".
 
Please note that the studio will be closed until early May, whilst I will be away in south america.
 
 

No comments: